I can't believe how time flies when you get busy! Let's recap.
A few weeks ago I went to a training on balanced literacy that had Susie Page as the presenter. She was very informal and made me feel good about what I have been doing in my classroom in regards to guided reading. I am definitely on the right track!
At the end of that week, I was in Lubbock for Whole Brain Teaching with Farrah Shipley. One word describes it all - AMAZING! She welcomed us with open arms and kept the crowd wanting more. I had previously started WBT last year in my classroom after seeing a video of WBT in action on youtube via pinterst. The rules worked somewhat last year. I really appreciate the opportunity to have seen Farrah live in person. She made me feel confident about using it in my classroom this year. I even bought a few things from her TPT site to help me with my class.
I moved my stuff back to my classroom last week and have been trying to put my class together. Needless to say, I am still not finished. It's okay though. I'll get it done before my firsties come :) I also met with my mentee today and tomorrow is our first official day back on the clock! It's going to be a great year. I can feel it!
No comments:
Post a Comment